Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Highlights

Pretty much the whole time that I was home could be considered a highlight.  I had an absolutely amazing Thanksgiving break!!  It was the first time that I had been home in almost 5 months and the first time that I had been home for more than 24 hours in nearly 7 months.  I knew that it was going to be a very busy break, but I was so looking forward to it.

We had a bad trip in Tuesday night and arrived around 10 pm.  The traffic was ridiculous getting out of Pittsburgh and it poured the whole way.  Luckily the girls were insanely good for the entire trip.

Wednesday Liv and I went to the best lunch spot in Hamburg (Poppyseed) and then to see Breaking Dawn Part I.  It was so(ooooo) good!  I (we) cannot wait for Part II!  Wednesday night Devin and I went to an awesome dinner party at Kevin and Jenny's new place.  They had homemade ravioli and apple pie; homemade samoas and apple cider caramels.  They really put me to shame.  We got to see friends that we haven't seen in a long time and meet some new ones.  It was a great night!

Thursday we had Thanksgiving dinner at my Grams and dessert at my in-laws to celebrate Tanya's birthday.  We made Apple Cider Margaritas.  They had a little too much tequila for my liking so I added extra cider, but they were yummy!


Friday morning I went Black Friday shopping with my step-mom Bridget and Liv.  This is what the sky looked like:


Beautiful!

After shopping, I made a shrimp salad for Saturday (keep reading) and we (finally) had these:


Southern Tier Pumpking/Young's Double Chocolate Stout Black and Tans with a cinnamon sugar rimmed glass.  Bridget perfected the art of making a black and tan by using an ice cream scoop as the spoon.  They were amazing!  

We went out for a family dinner and I was in bed by 9.

Saturday was my Grams Surprise 80th Birthday Party.  All of the kids/grandkids/great grandkids were in town (except Megan and Todd who were truly missed) so it was the perfect time to have the party even though her birthday is not until December 20th.  We did such a good job keeping the secret, she had no idea!  It helped that it was a month before her actual birthday.  It was a great afternoon.  I made the playlist with the help of Devin (some Christmas, jazz and Sinatra) and also my Grams shrimp (pasta) salad.  I forgot to take pics.  I will have to the next time I make it.

Sunday Liv and I decorated the Christmas Tree at my Mom's house.  It was beautiful!  So was the mantle.



After that we forced the girls into their carriers (they did not want to leave) and headed back to Pittsburgh.  We hit zero traffic on the way back and the girls were very good again.  Overall, it was one of the best trips home since moving to Pittsburgh!

Now I just have to bust my butt for the next few weeks until we go back for Christmas!  I cannot wait!!

So Long!

No comments:

Post a Comment