Happy Weekend & Happy February break to all of you New York teachers and students.
1. I should be on a plane headed to FLA with my family tomorrow. There was a ticket with my name on it. I decided to be responsible and work on finishing my thesis instead of going. I really really really wish I was going to FLA. Have fun Dad and Bridget!
2. I went to Chicago this past Sun - Tues. It was my first time there and it is a really cool city. Here are some pics.
3. When in Chicago, I got to go to Intelligentsia which is one of Devin and my favorite coffee companies. It was really awesome being there! I actually went twice because it was right next to the train station. I got an espresso the first time and drank it there. Then I got a latté to go for the way back to Hyde Park. I bought espresso beans that were roasted the day before and I bought some of the cups for our at home drinks because I knew Devin would absolutely be in love with them.
P.S. Devin - I need this.
4. I got home around 8 pm. Tuesday night. Not much of a Valentine's Day. We are going to go out to a nice dinner sometime very soon thanks to my mother-in-law and father-in-law. I am trying to figure out where to go, so suggestions from Pittsburghers are definitely welcomed.
5. I am going to spend today cleaning the house. It.is.a.disaster. I think Deeley is starting to shed. Oh man. I honestly do not think our vacuum can handle it. I have to clean because…
6. I think we might get some company sometime in the next few days. I am very excited!
7. I had pizza in Chicago. I know I may offend some people, but it turns out that I really do not like deep dish (pan) pizza. It was like 1000 times more than just way too much crust.
8. I have no idea how they came up with this list, but there was a list of the Top 10 Colleges That Will Kick Your Butt. I attend #5, I just interviewed at another one on the list and I will be heading out to a different one on the list in a few weeks. Hmm.
9. I still need to post about the scones. I will try to do it this weekend. And I also may make some more blood orange scones.
10. Here are the new recipes I saved this week. One, Two, Three. Yea, I know they all have a ton of chocolate. Shhh. Deal.
11. I am starting the Janet Evanovich series over again. For one, the movie was so bad that I wanted to read the book again to remember why I loved it in the first place. Also, after a full day of interviews, all I want to do is read some fiction that will make me laugh. And finally, reading a good book can really relieve some of the stress/anxiety I am feeling these days.
12. Devin has off on Monday. Long Weekend!! Booyao!!