Friday, February 17, 2012

fresh fridays

Happy Weekend & Happy February break to all of you New York teachers and students.

1.  I should be on a plane headed to FLA with my family tomorrow.   There was a ticket with my name on it.  I decided to be responsible and work on finishing my thesis instead of going.  I really really really wish I was going to FLA.  Have fun Dad and Bridget!

2.  I went to Chicago this past Sun - Tues.  It was my first time there and it is a really cool city.  Here are some pics.



3.  When in Chicago, I got to go to Intelligentsia which is one of Devin and my favorite coffee companies.  It was really awesome being there!  I actually went twice because it was right next to the train station. I got an espresso the first time and drank it there.  Then I got a latté to go for the way back to Hyde Park.  I bought espresso beans that were roasted the day before and I bought some of the cups for our at home drinks because I knew Devin would absolutely be in love with them.




P.S. Devin - I need this.

4.  I got home around 8 pm.  Tuesday night.  Not much of a Valentine's Day.  We are going to go out to a nice dinner sometime very soon thanks to my mother-in-law and father-in-law.  I am trying to figure out where to go, so suggestions from Pittsburghers are definitely welcomed.

5.  I am going to spend today cleaning the house.  It.is.a.disaster.  I think Deeley is starting to shed.  Oh man.  I honestly do not think our vacuum can handle it.  I have to clean because…

6.  I think we might get some company sometime in the next few days.  I am very excited! 

7.  I had pizza in Chicago.  I know I may offend some people, but it turns out that I really do not like deep dish (pan)  pizza.  It was like 1000 times more than just way too much crust.



8.  I have no idea how they came up with this list, but there was a list of the Top 10 Colleges That Will Kick Your Butt.  I attend #5, I just interviewed at another one on the list and I will be heading out to a different one on the list in a few weeks.  Hmm.

9.  I still need to post about the scones.  I will try to do it this weekend.  And I also may make some more blood orange scones.

10.  Here are the new recipes I saved this week. One, Two, Three.  Yea, I know they all have a ton of chocolate.  Shhh. Deal.

11.  I am starting the Janet Evanovich series over again.  For one, the movie was so bad that I wanted to read the book again to remember why I loved it in the first place.  Also, after a full day of interviews, all I want to do is read some fiction that will make me laugh.  And finally, reading a good book can really relieve some of the stress/anxiety I am feeling these days.

12.  Devin has off on Monday.  Long Weekend!!  Booyao!!

So Long!

No comments:

Post a Comment