Friday, February 24, 2012

fresh fridays

Rather tepid week.  No highs or lows, just struggling to get a draft of my thesis finished.

1.  I completely forgot to post this pic. last week.  You may or may not remember me talking about Deeley needing to be all lovey dovey when I do yoga.  She wraps around my leg when I am in a standing position and then I have to transition from the standing position into plank and lower into chaturanga. Then she gets stuck.  And this is what happens.  How funny is that face???


2.  The weather on Wednesday and Thursday was gorgeous this week.  Mid-fifties.  Even some sun.  What a terrific winter.  I grilled outside twice this week.  Unheard of for February.

3.  I am not catholic, but I still like to try and give something up for lent.  I was stumped on what to give up this year.  I wanted to do sweets, but that wasn't going to happen.  If you read my last blog post, you know that I bake when I am stressed, and I have been doing a lot of baking.  My advisor Howard said that he is going to gain 5 lbs during my job search.  I think (know) that Devin feels the same way.  Maybe if I gave up worrying, that would kill two birds with one stone.  I wish that was possible.  I still haven't figured it out.  I haven't consciously given anything up yet.  I would like it to be a non-food related thing.  I have no idea.

4.  The perspective students are here today.  I am going out to dinner with them.  It is always awkward when they ask if I am a first or second year, and I have to say that I am a sixth year.  At least I can also say I will be done this year!!

5. Have you been watching Californication?  Last season was really depressing.  So depressing that I refused to rewatch the episodes before this season started.  I am thrilled that this season is back to being hilarious!  Yes it is on Showtime and yes we order it only for the three months that Californication is on.

6.  Remember last Friday when I said I was going to clean the house all day?  Well that did not happen.  Not even the tiniest bit.  It really needs to be cleaned.  All of our carpets have a layer of kitty fur on top of them.  This is also why I do not have new Deeley/Janey pics for you.  I am too embarrassed for you to see the state of the surface they are being cute on.  Maybe this weekend??  Who knows. I am too busy.  And if I have any free time, I want to spend it doing fun things with Devin (or reading), not cleaning the house.  

7.  Devin really wants to go see (the re-released) Star Wars.  I am not sure how I feel about that.  I might have to take one for the team since I made him see One For The Money.  Maybe I will like it, I did end up liking LOTR.

8.  Tracy at Shutterbean made a list of her Kitchen Essentials.  I am totally on board with numbers 6, 10, 11, and 14.  I absolutely need to get on board with 2-5, 9.  I also find my deep sided baking sheet an essential.  I make all of my oven roasted veggies (read potatoes) on it.

9.  This week's saved recipes: one aaand two.  Every week I save more and more dessert recipes.  It is getting out of hand.

10.  Kate Walsh is my girl crush.  She is stunning.  I hope that my 40s will be as good to me.

11.  I baked some brown sugar blueberry cookies this week.  They are always outstanding.  Make sure that you keep the dough refrigerated for at least 30 minutes before you bake them.  It keeps them nice and fluffy/puffy.


12.  Here are a couple cute ones from yesterday morning.  I love that it is getting light out before 7 am lately!



So Long!

No comments:

Post a Comment