Friday, April 20, 2012

fresh fridays

Good Morning!

1.  Alright.  My thesis defense is in a few days.   Darren told me to think of it as a celebration.  I like that.  I am cerebrating all of the work that I have done for the last 3 years.  

2.  I have decided that I need 2 fryers.  1 for sweet stuff like nutella filled donuts and nutella banana wontons and 1 for savory stuff like french fries and corn dogs.

3.  This is my new favorite blog for the week.  As you can probably tell.  I want these too!

4. I joined twitter.  Basically so I could follow more food blogs and some people, like my sister.  Not like I actually tweet anything.  I do know the lingo already though, so I feel pretty good about that.  @abbyflynt

5. This is my beautiful sister who is turning 16 in 10 days.  I finally got her something awesome!


6. Devin sort of asked me not to bake for awhile and I did really well for a few weeks, but then I had these beautifully ripe bananas that were begging to be baked into something magical, so I broke down and made this banana snack cake.  The frosting is divine!  We liked ours stored in the fridge.  Also, I love that it is called a "snack cake."  I said that specific phrase way too many times in a couple short days.

7. This salad at panera has the most delicious dressing ever on it - apple white balsamic vinaigrette.  I absolutely love it!  And need to figure out how to make it.


8.  Yea, so I never cleaned last Friday.  I write it in my blog as motivation for me to actually do it, but it never happens.

9.  I am going to clean sometime next week.  Seriously.

10.  Sorry about the lack of food posts.  I haven't really made any new exciting meals lately to share with you. 

11.  I sat outside for an hour yesterday and got very sunburned. I was reading, so my nose, shoulders, chest and knees are a bit pink.  Nothing anywhere else.

12.  Devin had his final percussion ensemble concert at Duquense on Tuesday.  It was amazing.  Like him.


So Long!

No comments:

Post a Comment