Thursday, May 17, 2012

fresh fridays

FRIDAY!!

1.  Holy Smokes, I am graduating this weekend!! 

2.  Gram and Cal and Liv are coming in tonight.

3.  Dad and Bridget, and Mom and Tony come in tomorrow.

4.  Saturday night I get my doctoral hood!  'Cause I am a Doctor!

5.  Sunday I get my diploma! 'Cause I have a PhD!

6. Monday I start teaching.

Oh and I got my first email from a student addressed to 'Dr. Flynt' and I was like YES!!!  I have gotten emails addressed to Dr. Flynt in previous summers when I have taught, but I always had to correct them.  Not this time.

7.  Last night was Devin's final St. Edmund's concert.  No matter how many times I see him put on a performance with his students, he always amazes me.  His 6-8th grade band did a rockin' arrangement (by Devin) of Herbie Hancock's Watermelon Man.  It was awesome!


8.  It is tradition that we go out for a Belgian waffle after a concert.  This bite that you are seeing is a piece of sweet belgian waffle topped with Nutella and sliced bananas.  It honestly is one of the best bites of food I have ever enjoyed.


9.  My summer obsession is the Mocha Coconut Frappuccino from Starbucks.  I am in love with it.  It is probably so terrible for me.  I get mine with skim and no whip, but still.  My favorite blogger Jessica has a recipe for her own Mocha Coconut Iced Coffee.  I have to make it ASAP!!


10.   My other summer (guilty) pleasure is True Blood.  I am obsessed with the show.  I get so stinking excited for every Sunday night.  And this season Christoper Meloni (a.k.a Elliot Stabler from SVU) is on the show.  He is quite possibly one of my favorite people ever!  I cannot even put into words how excited I am for this.  The only problem is that I think his job is to take out Eric Northman (played by Alexander Skarsgard) who might actually be higher on my list.

11.  I really do have some food recipes to share with you, I just have not gotten around to writing them up.  Soon there will be strawberry coconut ice cream, potato pancakes and veggie sloppy joes.

12.  Got some stuff from Piperlime this week.



I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend!!  I have been waiting for this weekend for a very very long time.

So Long!

No comments:

Post a Comment