Friday, May 4, 2012

fresh fridays


1.  This week went by really quickly.  What a nice surprise.

2.  We spent the weekend in Lewisburg.  We are in the deepest, darkest, depths of trying to become first time home buyers.  So far, things are not going as planned.  I think we have a new plan. 

3.  I made roasted strawberry ice cream this week.  Expect the recipe soon!


4.  I also have my (gramma's) recipe for potato pancakes coming up.  They are awesome!

5.  Since we are speaking about food, I poached my first (and second - fourth) egg last night.  I made this amazing veggie eggs benedict.  I highly recommend trying it.  Especially if your name is Bridget.


6.  Monday was my sisters 16th birthday.  We FaceTimed while she opened my card.  I got her tickets to 'Kiss the Summer Hello' where Chirs Rene is performing.  He is her favorite.  She just about died when she saw the tickets.  We also FaceTimed later when they sang Happy Birthday.


7.  Like 8 years ago, I took Liv to go see Jesse McCartney at the fair.  I have never heard her scream so loud in my life.  I do not want to be the person standing next to her when Chris Rene is on stage.

8.  We went out to dinner with Josh and Abbey this week.  We finally got to try Verde - the new mexican restaurant in Friendship.  It is a very cool place and the food was excellent.  I had an amazing glass of sangria.


9. Oh, I guess I should mention that I do not have the final draft of my thesis done yet.  I am waiting on some minor revisions from one of my committee members.  But, you can still call me Dr. Flynt.  I really don't mind.  And I don't think that I will ever actually believe that I have a PhD.

10. We are going to the Symphony tonight to see Ravel's Bolero!  It should be very fun!

11. We have big weekend plans pretty much every weekend for the next month (or longer).  It gives us something to look forward to each week, except I really do not know when we can get back to Lewisburg to look at more houses.

12.  I thought this was a very silly Janey pose.


Have a fun weekend!

So Long! 

No comments:

Post a Comment