Tuesday, March 13, 2012

(Buffalo) Chicken Enchiladas

I have a simulation running that is likely going to take forever, so I thought I would write this post.

Being a Buffalo girl means that I put Franks on everything.  Just like the commercial says: "I put that $h!t on everything."  Also being a Buffalo girl, I cannot stand it when anything with some sort of hot sauce on, in, or around it outside of WNY is referred to as "Buffalo" whatever.  I do not know why that bothers me, I also do not know a better solution.  I mean what else would you call it?   

This recipe also has blue cheese in it, so I feel a little bit better about calling it Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas as opposed to just chicken enchiladas with some hot sauce thrown in the sauce.

By the way, they are pretty stinking good.

I used premade enchilada sauce and added in about 1/2 cup of Franks.



I cooked up 1.5 boneless skinless chicken breast.  Then I shredded them, added in a couple sliced green onions, about 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese and enough sauce to moisten the mixture (probably about 1/2 of it).


Spray the bottom and sides of your dish with cooking spray and then coat the bottom of the dish with the sauce.


I knew I was going to make four enchiladas so I scored the chicken mixture and put 1/4 of it in a flour tortilla.


I continued the process with all four enchiladas, topped them with the remainder of the sauce and then covered them with another 1/4 cup monterey jack.


They went in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes.  As soon as they come out, top with crumbled blue cheese, some more green onions, and then enjoy!


So Long!

No comments:

Post a Comment