Friday, March 9, 2012

fresh fridays

How is it Friday already?

First and foremost, I want to wish my mother-in-law Annette a very Happy Birthday!!  I am so unbelievably lucky to have had you in my life for so long.  Here's to many many more healthy years!!

1.  I have been gone this whole week.  I left early Sunday and I got back last night around 11 pm.  Traveling for business is never fun.

2.  I almost missed my layover on Sunday.  Like I was almost sprinting across the stupid Detroit airport to make my connection.  I was the last person to get on the plane and they closed up shop right after I got on.

3.  I spent a couple days at Notre Dame.  It was beautiful!  Here are some pictures.


4.  Then I flew from South Bend back to Detroit.  The layover was a little better, I had about 10 minutes at the gate before boarding.  Then Detroit to NYC.  I had my first Biscoff cookie.  I was so stinking excited to try it because I have heard sooo much about Biscoff lately.  It kind of just tasted burnt.  Major disappointment.


5.  The shower at my hotel was a disaster.  When I turned it on, water shot out of the shower head, over the curtain, onto the ceiling, onto the mirror and pretty much drenched the entire bathroom.  I was not a fan.

6.  NYC is kind of scary when you are alone.  I stayed in the Upper West Side which appeared to be a nice area, but I still did not stray too far from the hotel.  

7.  I had decided before going to NYC that on my first night, I was going to eat dinner at Luke's Lobster.  Thank God I decided ahead of time because on my 1.5 block walk to the restaurant, I passed about 15 restaurants.  Their family are lobstermen in Maine.   I haven't been to Maine in a few years and I was dying for a lobster roll.    The roll came with some great kettle cooked chips and a maine root beer and oh.my.goodness it was delicious!.  The lobster was so fresh and light and full of flavor.  It made my trip!  I could have had two.  I should have had two.


8.  I passed by this place and had to take a picture for my dad - Fred!


9.  The hotel was connected to this great little café.  I paid $4 for a double espresso but it was actually very good.  Here is my ($10) breakfast at the bar yesterday morning.


10.  I sat in JFK yesterday for like way way longer than anyone should have to.  And then we took off 1.5 hrs late.  It was not very fun.

11.  I haven't had time to look at any food blogs this week so I do not have any saved recipes.  I glanced at this and it looks promising!

12.  I am making a decision like possibly today about which position I will be accepting.  That is really exciting!  And really scary!  And really exciting!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I am going to spend mine with my husband and my girls.

So Long!

No comments:

Post a Comment