How is it Friday already?
First and foremost, I want to wish my mother-in-law Annette a very Happy Birthday!! I am so unbelievably lucky to have had you in my life for so long. Here's to many many more healthy years!!
1. I have been gone this whole week. I left early Sunday and I got back last night around 11 pm. Traveling for business is never fun.
2. I almost missed my layover on Sunday. Like I was almost sprinting across the stupid Detroit airport to make my connection. I was the last person to get on the plane and they closed up shop right after I got on.
3. I spent a couple days at Notre Dame. It was beautiful! Here are some pictures.
4. Then I flew from South Bend back to Detroit. The layover was a little better, I had about 10 minutes at the gate before boarding. Then Detroit to NYC. I had my first Biscoff cookie. I was so stinking excited to try it because I have heard sooo much about Biscoff lately. It kind of just tasted burnt. Major disappointment.
5. The shower at my hotel was a disaster. When I turned it on, water shot out of the shower head, over the curtain, onto the ceiling, onto the mirror and pretty much drenched the entire bathroom. I was not a fan.
6. NYC is kind of scary when you are alone. I stayed in the Upper West Side which appeared to be a nice area, but I still did not stray too far from the hotel.
7. I had decided before going to NYC that on my first night, I was going to eat dinner at Luke's Lobster. Thank God I decided ahead of time because on my 1.5 block walk to the restaurant, I passed about 15 restaurants. Their family are lobstermen in Maine. I haven't been to Maine in a few years and I was dying for a lobster roll. The roll came with some great kettle cooked chips and a maine root beer and oh.my.goodness it was delicious!. The lobster was so fresh and light and full of flavor. It made my trip! I could have had two. I should have had two.
8. I passed by this place and had to take a picture for my dad - Fred!
9. The hotel was connected to this great little café. I paid $4 for a double espresso but it was actually very good. Here is my ($10) breakfast at the bar yesterday morning.
10. I sat in JFK yesterday for like way way longer than anyone should have to. And then we took off 1.5 hrs late. It was not very fun.
11. I haven't had time to look at any food blogs this week so I do not have any saved recipes. I glanced at this and it looks promising!
12. I am making a decision like possibly today about which position I will be accepting. That is really exciting! And really scary! And really exciting!
I hope everyone has a great weekend! I am going to spend mine with my husband and my girls.