Friday, June 29, 2012

fresh fridays

1.  Today is my last day of class!!  I am giving my final exam.  In fact, I have someone taking it early right now.

2.  I have just under 2 months until my first day teaching at Bucknell.  I have a bunch of workshops and other fun things in August before I start teaching, but I am really exciting to not have a job for the next 7 weeks.  It has been years (like maybe since my first year of grad school) since I just took some time off.

3. Although, I highly doubt this can be considered time off.  Since in my time off, I have to get our new house ready, pack up the old house and move, plus prepare for the classes that I will be teaching this fall.  Oh and I would like to start getting some articles together for publication.  Sound like time off?

4.  Plus, I want to try to enjoy my last 4 weeks in Pittsburgh.  Yes, 4 weeks.  We move in less than a month.   Honestly, I am so ready.

5.  But, I am really going to miss these:



6.  I really want to make myself a bunch of these bracelets.  Oh and while I am talking about making stuff.  I decided that I am going to buy a sewing machine and make all my decorative throw pillows and curtains.  I have never sewn anything in my life.  And I am thinking about learning how to build a studio in our garage loft for Devin.  Thank goodness I have all this time (she says sarcastically).

7.  Last night was Ms. Jen Kushner's bachelorette party.  We were down at Station Square.  It turned out to be biker night.  That was a (fun??) surprise.  I had a really great time.  Jen has some very fun girlfriends!  And I got carded, which is really exciting since I am way on the plus side of 25.


8.  Tomorrow is the Friedenberg wedding.  With how fun the bachelorette party was, I cannot wait for the craziness that is sure to be their wedding!!

9.  I convinced Devin into letting me get Snickers ice cream bars this week.  We do not ever keep unhealthy snacks in the house unless I make them, so this was a big deal.  I love Snickers ice cream bars.  They are heaven.  Especially for the 90-95 degree evenings we have been having.


10. My mom blackmailed me into coming home for a few days.  It is not really blackmail, but more she made me an offer I couldn't refuse.  I will not get into the details, but needless to say I am going to be in Hamburg, Sunday - Wednesday, FYI.  Then I am bringing Liv back to Pittsburgh with me for one last fun trip.

11. Still cannot stop thinking about buying old dressers and things and refinishing them.  Hopefully as I am writing this, Tony (my step-dad) is at an estate sale for me buying an old trunk that I can fix up as a window seat and possibly a dresser.

12. One (or both) of the kitties chewed through my iPhone earbuds yesterday.  I was not very happy with them.  But that didn't last long, because they are so cute.

Oh hey...yeah we eat your stuff...but we are so cute, we can get away with it...
So Long!

No comments:

Post a Comment