Thursday, December 8, 2011

Shrimp Po' Boys

Have you heard of Po' Boys?  I am not sure why it is called that.  I think I have only heard of something being named Po' Boy if it has seafood in it.  That could be totally false.  But from my experience any sort of sandwich with seafood is a Po' Boy.  Why not?  It's fun to say.  Although, I think if you are eating a lot of seafood sandwiches, you might be a Rich Boy.

There is not much to this dish but let me tell you, it was yummy!!  I took inspiration from this recipe, but did not follow it exactly because I did not have everything it called for (in terms of spices).

So if you remember back to when I made fried chicken for Devin's birthday, it called for me to use Emeril's Essence, which of course is just a mix of a bunch of herbs and spices.  I had some of that left over and so that is what I used on these shrimp.  Here is the recipe for Essence:

Emeril's Creole Seasoning (Essence)
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
  • 2 tablespoons salt
  • 2 tablespoons garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
  • 1 tablespoon dried thyme
I think that I also added in some smoked sweet paprika like the recipe calls for.


I made up the same sauce more or less (I didn't measure anything) by mixing up some mayo, franks and lemon juice.  


I sliced a baguette in half, brushed on some evoo and some s&p and toasted it up in the oven.


I added the shrimp to a hot pan and cooked on the first side for about 3 min. and the 2nd side for about 1 min.



I lathered on the sauce.


Put on a little lettuce and tomato (for Devin).


And then added the shrimp.


For whatever reason, I never like any shrimp recipe that I make at home.  This is the exception to the rule.  We both loved it!

So Long!

No comments:

Post a Comment