Tuesday, January 10, 2012

taco tuesday!

This recipe is from about a month ago.  The pictures got lost amiss the photos from Phipps and Christmas cookies.  But don't you worry, I found them just in time for taco tuesday.  Aside from the bbq seitan tacos (which we eat about every two weeks) these are my favorite tacos that we eat at home.  The tacos are modified from the crisp black bean tacos with feta and slaw on Smitten Kitchen.  They are so simple and so delicious.  They are nice and crispy, have tons of creamy, salty feta and are finished with a good douse of franks.

First up, I make the slaw.  I buy the broccoli slaw mix from Whole Foods.  I put on a little olive oil, juice from half a lemon and s&p.


Then I drain and rinse a can of black beans.  


Add in some spices (to taste). 


And mash everything together.


I like to use corn tortillas for the tacos.  Add a little evoo into a hot pan and throw in a tortilla.  


Then put some of black bean mixture on one half of the taco.


And fold it.


Do it again.


And again.


I like to cook them until the shells get a little browned on the outside (sorry no picture).

Then open them up.  Pile on the slaw and the feta.


And the franks.  Yum!


So Long!

No comments:

Post a Comment